Terms and Conditions
THESE TERMS INCLUDE AN ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER THAT APPLY TO ALL CLAIMS BROUGHT AGAINST UNIFYHUB. PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY; THEY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. THE TERMS OF THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER SHALL NOT APPLY IF UNENFORCEABLE UNDER THE LAWS OF THE COUNTRY IN WHICH YOU RESIDE.
1. Using UnifyHub
Who May Use Our Services
Any use or access by anyone under the age of 13 is strictly prohibited.
Additionally, you may use our Services only if you:
- can form a binding contract with UnifyHub;
- comply with these Terms, all applicable laws, and our policies (including the Acceptable Use Policy, Honor Code, course-specific eligibility requirements, and any other policies that may be applicable from time to time (“Policies”)); and
- are over the age at which you can provide consent to data processing under the laws of your country. Certain regions and Content Offerings may have additional requirements and/or different age restrictions.
Any violation of our Terms, applicable laws, or Policies may result in your access to all or part of the Services being suspended, disabled, or terminated.
When you cooperate with UnifyHub, and when you subsequently use certain features of our website, you must provide us with accurate and complete information, and you agree to update your information to keep it accurate and complete.
Our License to You
Subject to these Terms and our Policies, we grant you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license right to use our Services. The rights granted herein are only for your personal use, unless you obtain our written permission otherwise. Using our Services does not give you ownership of or any intellectual property rights in our educational Services or the educational content you access, but gives you ownership of and intellectual property rights in the content created for your organization by our content creation Services.
Any use of our educational Services for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited. Any commercial use of the results of our content creation Services must be subject to a separate agreement with UnifyHub OÜ. If you are an organization already using our Services, separate terms apply. These terms do not govern the relationship between your organization and UnifyHub.
2. No Academic Credit
UnifyHub does not grant academic credit for the completion of our educational programs. UnifyHub and associated instructors have no obligation to have our educational programs recognized by any educational institution or accreditation organization.
3. Your Content
The Services enable you to share your content, such as homework, quizzes, exams, projects, other assignments you submit, posts you make in various online platforms chats, and the like ("User Content"), with UnifyHub, instructors, and/or other users. You retain all intellectual property rights in, and are responsible for, the User Content you create and share. User Content does not include course content or other materials created by UnifyHub, and made available on or placed on to the UnifyHub platform.
How UnifyHub and Others May Use User Content
To the extent that you provide User Content, you grant UnifyHub a fully-transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, sublicensable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to copy, distribute, modify, create derivative works based on, publicly perform, publicly display, and otherwise use the User Content. This license includes granting UnifyHub the right to use User Content with our registered students independent of the Services. Nothing in these Terms shall restrict other legal rights UnifyHub may have to User Content, for example under other licenses.
We reserve the right to remove or modify User Content for any reason, including User Content that we believe violates these Terms or other policies including our Acceptable Use Policy and Code of Conduct.
We welcome your suggestions, ideas, comments, and other feedback regarding the Services ("Feedback"). By submitting any Feedback, you grant us the right to use the Feedback without any restriction or any compensation to you. By accepting your Feedback, UnifyHub does not waive any rights to use similar or related Feedback previously known to UnifyHub, developed by our employees, contractors, or obtained from other sources.
We care about the security of our users. While we work to protect the security of your access details to our educational programs and related information, UnifyHub cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures. Please notify us immediately of any compromise or unauthorized use of your access details to any of our educational programs by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Third Party Content
Through the Services, you will have the ability to access and/or use content provided by instructors, other users, and/or other third parties and links to websites and services maintained by third parties. UnifyHub cannot guarantee that such third party content, in the Services or elsewhere, will be free of material you may find objectionable or otherwise inappropriate or of malware or other contaminants that may harm your computer, mobile device, or any files therein. UnifyHub disclaims any responsibility or liability related to your access or use of, or inability to access or use, such third party content.
6. Copyright and Trademark
UnifyHub respects the intellectual property rights of our internal content creators, users and other third parties and expects our users to do the same when using the Services. We have adopted and implemented the UnifyHub Copyright and Trademark Policy below in accordance with applicable law.
7. Education Research
UnifyHub is committed to advancing the science of learning and teaching, and records of your participation in courses may be used for education research. Research findings will typically be reported at the aggregate level. Your personal identity will not be publicly disclosed in any research findings without your express consent.
8. Paid Services from UnifyHub
UnifyHub offers paid Services (e.g. educational courses, and content created) for a fee. Unless otherwise stated, fees are quoted in local currency. You are responsible for paying all fees charged by or for UnifyHub and applicable taxes in a timely manner with a payment mechanism associated with the applicable paid Services. Fees may vary based on your location and other factors, and UnifyHub reserves the right to change any fees at any time at its sole discretion. Any change, update, or modification will be effective immediately upon posting through the relevant Services. Refunds may be available for paid Services as described in our Payments and Refund Policy below.
Degree and Certification
Professional licensure, certification, and job requirements for various professions may vary in each state and country, and job requirements may vary by employer. UnifyHub does not guarantee licensure, certification or qualification for any profession or job on the basis of your completion of UnifyHub educational programs. You are advised to research, understand and comply with the requirements in the applicable state and/or country in which you work or intend to work, and to investigate whether the courses in which you intend to enroll meet your academic and/or professional needs before enrolling.
9. Modifying or Terminating our Services
We are constantly changing and improving our Services. We may add or remove functions, features, or requirements, and we may suspend (to the extent allowed by applicable law) or stop part of our Services altogether. Accordingly, UnifyHub may terminate your use of any Service for any reason. If your use of a paid Service is terminated, a refund may be available under our Refund Policy. We may not be able to deliver the Services to certain regions or countries for various reasons, including due to applicable export control requirements or internet access limitations and restrictions from governments. None of UnifyHub, its instructors, contributors, sponsors, and other business partners, and their employees, contractors, and other agents (the "UnifyHub Parties") shall have any liability to you for any such action. You can stop using our Services at any time, although we'll be sorry to see you go.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SERVICES AND ALL INCLUDED CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THE UNIFYHUB PARTIES SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. THE UNIFYHUB PARTIES FURTHER DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY RELATED TO YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF THE SERVICES OR ANY RELATED CONTENT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES OR SUCH CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
11. Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE UNIFYHUB PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM: (A) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES; (B) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY PARTY OTHER THAN THE APPLICABLE UNIFYHUB PARTY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT; OR (C) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE, OR ALTERATION OF YOUR CONTENT OR INFORMATION. IN NO EVENT SHALL UNIFYHUB'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATED TO THE SERVICES EXCEED TWENTY EUROS (€20) OR THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES RECEIVED BY UnifyHub FROM YOU FOR THE USE OF PAID SERVICES DURING THE PAST SIX MONTHS, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION RELATED TO THE SERVICES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
12. Export Controls
You warrant that you are not located in, or ordinarily reside in, any country that is subject to applicable EU laws and regulations preventing UnifyHub from providing you access to the Services. Your location is determined by your physical location. Use of a virtual private network service, IP routing services, or other similar service for the purpose of circumventing these laws is strictly prohibited.
You warrant that you are not named on any government prohibited, denied, unverified-party, sanctions, debarment, or exclusion list or export-controlled related restricted party list (collectively, “Sanctions Lists”). You will immediately discontinue your use of the Services if you are placed on any Sanctions List. You also warrant that you will not export, re-export, or transfer the Services to an entity on any Sanctions List or otherwise use the services in a manner that would be in violation of applicable laws.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Terms, UnifyHub may terminate any further obligations to you, effectively immediately if you are in breach of the obligations in this section.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the UnifyHub Parties from any and all claims, liabilities, expenses, and damages (to the extent attributable to you under the applicable law), including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, made by any third party related to: (a) your use or attempted use of the Services in violation of these Terms; (b) your violation of any law or rights of any third party; or (c) User Content, including without limitation any claim of infringement or misappropriation of intellectual property or other proprietary rights.
14. Governing Law and Venue
Except as provided below, the Services are managed by UnifyHub OÜ which is located in Estonia. You agree that these Terms will be governed by the EU laws and laws of Estonia, excluding its conflicts of law provisions. In the event of any dispute related to these Terms that is not subject to binding arbitration, you and UnifyHub will submit to the personal jurisdiction of and exclusive venue in the country court of Estonia as the legal forum for any such dispute.
This section shall not deprive you of any mandatory consumer protections under the law of the country to which we direct Services to you, where you have your habitual residence.
15. Binding Arbitration and Class Action Waiver
You and UnifyHub agree to submit to binding arbitration any and all disputes, claims, or controversies of any kind, whether based on statute, regulation, constitution, common law, equity, or any other legal basis or theory, and whether pre-existing, present, or future, that arise out of or relate to our Services, these Terms, and/or any other relationship or dispute between you and us, including without limitation (i) the scope, applicability, or enforceability of these Terms and/or this arbitration provision, and (ii) relationships with third parties who are not parties to these Terms or this arbitration provision to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law (each a “Claim,” and collectively the “Claims”).
The arbitrator shall be an active member in good standing of the bar for any EU country and shall be either actively engaged in the practice of law for at least five years or a retired judge. The arbitrator shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. Unless inconsistent with applicable law, and except as otherwise provided herein, each party shall bear the expense of its respective attorney, expert, and witness fees, regardless of which party prevails in the arbitration. The arbitrator’s decision will be final and binding upon the parties and may be enforced in any federal or state court that has jurisdiction. You and we agree that the arbitration shall be kept confidential and that the existence of the proceeding and any element of it (including, without limitation, any pleadings, briefs or other documents submitted or exchanged and any testimony or other oral submissions and awards) will not be disclosed beyond the arbitration proceedings, except as may lawfully be required in judicial proceedings relating to the arbitration or by applicable disclosure rules and regulations of governmental agencies.
Neither you nor UnifyHub may act as a class representative, nor participate as a member of a class of claimants, with respect to any Claim. The Claims may not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis. The arbitrator can decide only your and/or UnifyHub individual Claims. The arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated.
This arbitration agreement does not preclude you or us from seeking action by countries or EU government agencies. You and we also have the right to exercise self-help remedies, such as set-off, or to bring qualifying claims in small claims court so long as the matter remains in such court and advances only on an individual (non-class, non-representative) basis. In addition, you and we retain the right to apply to any court of competent jurisdiction for provisional or ancillary relief, including pre-arbitral attachments or preliminary injunctions, and any such request shall not be deemed incompatible with any of these Terms, nor a waiver of the right to have disputes submitted to arbitration as provided in this provision.
A court may sever any portion of this Binding Arbitration and Class Action Waiver Section that it finds to be unenforceable, except for the prohibitions on any Claim being handled on a class or representative basis, and the remaining portions of this arbitration provision will remain valid and enforceable. No waiver of any provision of this Section will be effective or enforceable unless recorded in a writing signed by the party waiving such a right or requirement. Such a waiver shall not waive or affect any other portion of these Terms.
THIS BINDING ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER SECTION LIMITS CERTAIN RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO MAINTAIN A COURT ACTION, THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL, AND THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY FORM OF CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE CLAIM. OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU OR UNIFYHUB WOULD HAVE IN COURT ALSO MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ARBITRATION.
16. General Terms
Revisions to the Terms
We reserve the right to revise the Terms at our sole discretion at any time. Any revisions to the Terms will be effective immediately upon posting by us. For any material changes to the Terms, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of such changes, via a banner on the website, email notification, another method, or combination of methods. In all cases, your continued use of the Services after publication of such changes, with or without notification, constitutes binding acceptance of the revised Terms.
If it turns out that a particular provision of these Terms is not enforceable, this will not affect any other terms. If you do not comply with these Terms, and we do not take immediate action, this does not indicate that we relinquish any rights that we may have (such as taking action in the future).
17. Referenced Policies
Acceptable Use Policy
Copyright and Trademark Infringement Policy
Acceptable Use Policy
Our mission is to help businesses and individual professionals communicate across different cultures. We deliver supreme language services by our qualified international team. We believe strongly in preserving free speech and expression for our users. We also want to make sure that all of our users, instructors and content creators feel safe and comfortable while using our Services. We have drafted this policy to ensure that people understand and follow the rules when participating in our online community and otherwise using our Services.
We may remove or edit inappropriate content or activity identified by or reported to us. We may separately suspend, disable, or terminate a user's access to all or part of the Services.
1. You are prohibited from using our Services to share content that:
- Contains illegal content or promotes illegal activities with the intent to commit such activities. Please keep in mind that users who are as young as 13 use UnifyHub, and we do not allow content that is inappropriate for these younger users.
- Contains credible threats or organizes acts of real-world violence. We don’t allow content that creates a genuine risk of physical injury or property damage, credibly threatens people or public safety, or organizes or encourages harm.
- Harrasses others. We encourage commentary about people and matters of public interest, but abusive or otherwise inappropriate content directed at private individuals is not allowed.
- Violates intellectual property, privacy, or other rights. Do not share content that you do not have the right to share, claim content that you did not create as your own, or otherwise infringe or misappropriate someone else’s intellectual property or other rights. Always attribute materials used or quoted by you to the original copyright owner.
- Spams others. Do not share irrelevant or inappropriate advertising, promotional, or solicitation content.
Please note that specific Services may have additional rules and requirements.
2. You also aren't allowed to:
- Do anything that violates local, state, national, or international law or breaches any of your contractual obligations or fiduciary duties.
- Share your password, let anyone besides yourself access your account, or do anything that might put your account at risk.
- Attempt to access any other user's account.
- Reproduce, transfer, sell, resell, or otherwise misuse any content from our Services, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of our systems, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Break or circumvent our authentication or security measures or otherwise test the vulnerability of our systems or networks, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Try to reverse engineer any portion of our Services.
- Try to interfere with any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, spamming, or mail-bombing.
- Use our Services to distribute malware.
- Use our Services or any functionality of the UnifyHub platform for anything other than for completing online courses or for pedagogical purposes.
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Encourage or help anyone do any of the things on this list.
Copyright and Trademark Policy
UnifyHub respects the intellectual property rights of our content creators, instructors, users, and other third parties and expects our users to do the same when using the Services. We reserve the right to suspend, disable, or terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing the copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights of others.
If you believe in good faith that materials on the UnifyHub platform infringe your copyright, you may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed or access to it blocked.
The notice must include the following information:
- the physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or, if multiple copyrighted works located on the platform are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow UnifyHub to locate the material on the platform;
- the name, address, telephone number, and email address (if available) of the complaining party;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Services can either be sent via email email@example.com
or by post to Harju maakond, Maardu linn, Pirnipuu pst 123-3, 74117 Estonia.
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice.
UnifyHub also respects the trademark rights of others. Accounts with any other content that misleads others or violates another's trademark may be updated, suspended, disabled, or terminated by UnifyHub in its sole discretion. If you are concerned that someone may be using your trademark without proper permission on our Services, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
, and we will review your submission. If we deem appropriate, we may remove the offending content, warn the individual who posted the content, and/or temporarily or permanently suspend or disable the individual’s account.
Payments and Refund Policy
1. One-time Purchases
Courses and Special Learning Events
If you cancel your one-time, paid enrollment for a course, UnifyHub will offer you a complete refund until 14 days after payment.
If you pre-enroll and pay for a course, UnifyHub will offer you a complete refund until 14 days after the course launches.
Once you have earned a course certificate with your payment, you are not eligible for a refund even if it is within 14 days.
UnifyHub does not offer refunds for payments made on one-time content creation Services unless otherwise stated in an individual agreement.
2. Month-to-Month Subscriptions
UnifyHub does not offer refunds for payments made on a month-to-month subscription plan.
Your subscription will continue on a month-to-month basis unless and until you cancel or the subscription is suspended or discontinued by UnifyHub. If you cancel your subscription, cancellation will be effective at the end of the current monthly period. You will continue to have access to your subscription for the remainder of that period, but you will not receive a refund.
3. Other Paid Services
Except as described in this Refund Policy or as explicitly stated as part of the sign-up process for a Service, UnifyHub has no obligation to provide refunds or vouchers for any other Services.
4. Promotional Offers
We may from time to time offer special promotional offers or discounts (“Offers”). Offer eligibility is determined by UnifyHub at its sole discretion and we reserve the right to revoke an Offer in the event that we determine you are not eligible. Users with an existing Offer may not be eligible for additional Offers. We may use information such as method of payment or an account email address used with a UnifyHub purchase to determine Offer eligibility. The eligibility requirements and other limitations and conditions will be disclosed when you sign up for the Offer or in other communications made available to you.
5. Changes to Price and Subscription Plans
We reserve the right to change our subscription plans or adjust pricing for our service or any components thereof in any manner and at any time as we may determine in our sole and absolute discretion. Except as otherwise expressly provided for in these Terms, any price changes or changes to your subscription plan will take effect following notice to you.
6. European Users Right of Withdrawal
In addition to the refund policies set forth above, if you have a right of withdrawal under the relevant laws in your country including any applicable EU laws, then:
- You have a right of withdrawal for a period of 14 days. You may withdraw your contract with UnifyHub for the Services, without giving any reason, and without incurring any costs other than those provided for in this clause.
- The withdrawal period will expire after 14 days from the day that your contract was concluded. However, you do not have a right of withdrawal a) if the Services have already been fully performed with your prior express consent and with your acknowledgement that you will lose your right of withdrawal once the Services have been performed by us or b) if the Services have begun with your prior express consent and your acknowledgement that you will lose your right of withdrawal upon beginning use of the Services.
- To exercise the right of withdrawal, you should inform us of your decision to withdraw by an unequivocal statement (e.g., an email sent to email@example.com). You may use the below model form, but it is not obligatory.
Model Withdrawal Form (complete and return this form only if you wish to withdraw from the contract):
- To UnifyHub OÜ (Registration number: 14912839) located at Harju maakond, Maardu linn, Pirnipuu pst 123-3, 74117, Estonia:
- I/We () hereby give notice that I/We () withdraw from my/our () contract of sale for the provision of the following service (),
- Ordered on ()/received on (),
- Name of consumer(s),
- Address of consumer(s),
- Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper),
- You shall have exercised your right of withdrawal within the 14-day withdrawal period if the communication is sent by you before that period has expired. The exercise of the right of withdrawal shall terminate the obligations of the parties to perform the contract. If you exercise your right of withdrawal, any ancillary contracts shall be automatically terminated.
- If you withdraw the contract, we shall reimburse to you all payments received from you, including, if applicable, the costs of delivery, without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed of your decision to rescind this contract in accordance with this clause. We will carry out such reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. In any event you do not incur any fees as a result of such reimbursement.
- If you want the Services to begin during the 14-day withdrawal period you should make an express request thereto, where you acknowledge that you will lose your right of withdrawal once the service has been fully performed. If you exercise the right of withdrawal before the Services have been fully performed, you shall be liable to pay us reasonable costs, consisting of an amount which is in proportion to what has been provided until the time you have informed us of the exercise of the right of withdrawal.
- The burden of proof of exercising the right of withdrawal in accordance with this clause shall be on you. Except as provided for in this clause, you shall not incur any liability as a consequence of the exercise of the right of withdrawal.
All users participating in educational Services must agree to abide by the following code:
- I will register for only one account, unless expressly permitted to register for additional accounts by UnifyHub.
- My answers to homework, quizzes, exams, projects, and other assignments will be my own work (except for assignments that explicitly permit collaboration).
- I will not make solutions to homework, quizzes, exams, projects, and other assignments available to anyone else (except to the extent an assignment explicitly permits sharing solutions). This includes both solutions written by me, as well as any solutions provided by the course staff or others.
- I will not engage in any other activities that will dishonestly improve my results or dishonestly improve or hurt the results of others.
- Any violation of this code may result in your access to all or part of the Services being suspended, disabled, or terminated.